- Sam R. Dolan and Jake O. Shipley, “Stable photon orbits in stationary axisymmetric electrovacuum spacetimes”, Physical Review D 94 044038 (2016); arXiv:1605.07193 [gr-qc].
- Jake O. Shipley and Sam R. Dolan, “Binary black hole shadows, chaotic scattering and the Cantor set”, Classical and Quantum Gravity 33 175001 (2016); arXiv:1603.04469 [gr-qc].*
* Included in CQG’s Highlights of 2016.
- Álvar Daza, Jake O. Shipley, Sam R. Dolan and Miguel A. F. Sanjuán, “Wada structures in a binary black hole system”, arXiv:1807.10741 [gr-qc].
Sam Dolan and I were invited to write an “Insight” piece for CQG+, the companion website to Classical and Quantum Gravity. Our article, “Fractals and black hole shadows”, can be found on the CQG+ website.
- “Chaos around two black holes, escape basins and the Wada property”, Nonlinear Dynamics Seminar, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Móstoles, Madrid, Spain (14 December 2016).
- “Binary black hole shadows, chaotic scattering and stable photon orbits”, Applied and Computational Mathematics Seminar, University College Dublin, Ireland (9 November 2016).
- “Binary black hole shadows are fractal”, Gravitational Lensing and Black Hole Shadows Workshop, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal (3–4 November 2016).
Contributed talks and presentations
- “Strong-field gravitational lensing on Kerr spacetime”, Fifteenth Marcel Grossmann Meeting, La Sapienza – Università di Roma, Italy (2 July 2018).
- “Superradiance”, Cosmology, Relativity and Gravitation Reading Group, University of Sheffield, UK (16 November 2017).
- “Stable photon orbits and black hole shadows”, Lancaster–Manchester–Sheffield Consortium for Fundamental Physics, University of Sheffield, UK (20 June 2017).
- “What does a black hole look like?”, Postgraduate Student Seminar, University of Sheffield, UK (1 November 2016).
- “Binary black hole shadows, chaotic scattering and the Cantor set”, The Dynamics of Complex Systems, University of Warwick, UK (18–20 May 2016) [poster].
- “Binary black hole shadows are fractal”, BritGrav16, University of Nottingham, UK (4–5 April 2016).